Day 37: 11 March 2013
22:55: I just spent the last couple of hours working on getting the part of the display that shows details about the selected ship part to work. I’m actually pretty impressed with (a) how it looks and (b) that it turned out to be relatively easy to put together. Nice work on that GUI framework, RB!
Here’s a screenshot. Look in the lower left corner.
And now for something that I think you guys will like, but I can’t promise will actually pan out in the long term. For the last few days, I’ve been considering the possibility of daily builds. Rather than making people wait until the end of the sprint, just dumping a build out to my Wikidot website every day for people to try out. So here’s the link, which should work for as long as I do daily builds for:
Like I said, I can’t promise I’ll keep that up. It’s just an experiment right now. On one hand, it means one more thing taking up my time every week. But on the other hand, it means tightening the feedback loop, which is a really good thing.
So there it is. We’ll see whether the benefits outweigh the costs.
Oh, and I also changed the side-to-side rotation movement of the camera throughout the game. I’ve had multiple people complain that it was backwards. Seemed right to me, but I think I got outvoted. 😀