Day 52: 26 March 2013
If you read my last post, you probably already know what I spent my evening on. Trying to get some things sorted out with where to save files at.
I also spent a lot more time working on my automated build system. By the way, it almost seems like it’s a waste, or not worth the time, but I honestly think it will pay dividends in the long run. It’s easy to build the game. Heck, I can script the compilation and the FTP upload. With the push of a button (and a little time sword fighting while the computer works) I can have a new build. Stress free. And it will be trivial to modify it to do “real” deployments as well, instead of just these daily/nightly builds.
I finally, after like an hour working on it, got a versioning scheme that the computer wouldn’t reject. But then I couldn’t find my saved files. In fact, it looked like they weren’t even being saved! Every time I restarted, I needed to start from scratch. The first item that I already discussed will help with that. But for tonight, I don’t have my automated build system working quite yet.
So in lieu of that, feast your little vitreous-humor-filled eyeballs on this new manually made development build: 100XP-Daily.ccgame.
Hey, somebody tell me if it takes much longer to load this time around. I did a little experiment. (And by that I mean, “I accidentally made a mistake and was too lazy to fix it, so I’m taking advantage of the mistake while it’s there.”)